High Quality Agricultural, Landscaping, and Highway Products Using Specialty Minerals Ground Calcium Carbonates
Agricultural requirements for crop production target specific pH ranges for
Calcium carbonate also is important in animal nutrition. Calcium supplements for cattle and other livestock play a key role in bone growth and strength as well as in general animal health. Poultry
Architectural applications include premium trap sand for golf courses and beautiful, white crushed limestone and dolomite for decorative rock and landscaping.
Chemical purity, brightness, and consistency play a major role in the end value for the application. Specialty Minerals Inc. (SMI) is well positioned to supply you with our standard products or work with you to develop new products tailored for your applications.
Agricultural Products With SMI Minerals
SMI offers ground calcium carbonates (GCCs) and dolomites with a wide range of applications such as:
- Agriculture – Crops and Grass
- Decorative Stone and Field Marking
- Golf Courses
- Animal Feed
- Highway Paving
Specialty Minerals Products for Agricultural Applications
SMI supplies crushed, screened, ground and pulverized limestone and dolomite products from our quarries in Adams, Massachusetts; Canaan, Connecticut; and Lucerne Valley, California.
- SMI Eastern Limestone – high brightness GCC also called ground limestone, manufactured in sizes ranging from 1” decorative stone down to powder for water irrigation applications. Adams, Massachusetts is the location of the mine and plant.
- SMI Eastern Dolomite – ground and screened dolomites (calcium magnesium carbonates) from 4 mesh to 325 mesh from a mine and plant in Canaan, Connecticut.
- SMI Western Limestone – high-brightness GCCs, from 1” decorative stone to powder for water irrigation applications. Lucerne Valley, California is the site of the mine and plant.