Thermoplastic waterproofing membrane with active polymer core (APC).
Setting the standard for waterproofing membrane strength, durability and performance for more then 50 years.
COREFLEX consists of a thermoplastic membrane integrally bonded to a proprietary Active Polymer Core (APC) layer. Combined with fully welded seams, this provides the ultimate waterproofing protection. Whether your project requires foundation waterproofing, plaza deck restoration, or green roof construction, COREFLEX provides superior waterproofing performance.
The COREFLEX reinforced thermoplastic membrane is engineered to resist high hydrostatic pressure and groundwater contaminants typical of foundation conditions. In addition to waterproofing performance,
the membrane has an extremely low water vapor transmission that qualifies it as a Class “A” Vapor Retarder per ASTM E1745.
Dual membrane protection
If COREFLEX’s thermoplastic membrane component is ever punctured or damaged, the superior water barrier performance continues with an APC technology layer that is engineered to actively control water ingress by swelling to produce a reliable seal at the breach. To maximize the performance of the APC Technology, the layer is installed in direct contact with the concrete to be waterproofed, thus preventing water ingress into the structure.
With COREFLEX, each membrane overlap seam utilizes both a conventional weld and an overlap assembly of the APC Technology to assure water-tightness. This combination of passive and active barrier technologies provides enhanced seam performance and eliminates the reliance of seam integrity strictly on installation labor.
Exceptional waterproofing performance:
Protection from water Ingress:
- All seams are heat welded together to form a strong, monolithic waterproofing membrane.
- Incorporating a high molecular weight plasticizer, the PVC membrane properties will remain intact through the life of the product.
Protection from contaminants:
- The APC and PVC resists harsh contaminants, including brownfield sites and remedial plaza decks over existing membranes.
- COREFLEX can solve both water and gas barrier concerns as a Class “A” Vapor Barrier and Certified Methane Barrier (City of Los Angeles).
Installation benefits and features:
Fast and easy:
- With remedial plaza-deck construction COREFLEX can be installed over most existing membranes, dramatically reducing exposure time of finished space.
- No kettles, solvents, fumes or open flames necessary.
- Faster dry-in time than traditional systems.
- A true dual-membrane waterproofing system in a single application. The PVC layer of COREFLEX also serves as a root barrier, reducing the number of assembly components for green roof applications.