Composite bentonite waterproofing system.
Combining the active waterproofing benefits of sodium bentonite with the strength and durability of a thick geomembrane liner. Unlike other membrane systems that require precise installation, SWELLTITE’s reactive bentonite compound can expand to seal small punctures in the membrane. SWELLTITE works by forming a continuous membrane upon
hydration with water. When confined under pressure, the swell is controlled, forming a dense, positive seal against the concrete. Proven quality and ease of installation have made SWELLTITE a market leader in the waterproofing industry. More than 50 million square feet of SWELLTITE have been installed worldwide on projects such as split-slab plaza decks, backfilled foundation walls, and cut-and-cover tunnels.
Exceptional waterproofing performance:
Protection from water ingress:
- More than 50 million square feet installed and 20 years of proven waterproofing success.
- Combines the active waterproofing benefits of sodium bentonite with the strength and puncture resistance of a thick geomembrane liner.
- A 100% solids thermoplastic product that is flexible as well as self-sealing.
Installation benefits and features:
Fast and Easy:
- Ready for use and requires no set-up.
- Overlapped seams and mechanical fasteners eliminates installation variables in the field.
- The geomembrane layer eliminates the need for protection board for most applications.
- Proven effective for split-slab, plaza deck, protected membrane roof and landscaped assemblies.
- Suitable for use in new construction as well as retrofit applications.
- Can be installed in temperatures as low as 0°F.